mousejiggle
It used to be that when I watched a movie with VLC, halfway through the movie the screen would suddenly black out. Too late, I would realize that the screensaver kicked in because I hadn't touched the mouse for a while. It was so irritating that I simply disabled my screen saver.

I think VLC specifically addressed this issue, but I'm sure it still happens with other video players. Mouse Jiggler is a tiny, handy utility whose sole purpose in life is to jiggle the mouse cursor for you, so that the screensaver doesn't kick in.

It has a neat feature called "Zen jiggle" (I love the name) which jiggles the mouse "invisibily" – meaning, your computer thinks the mouse is moving, while the cursor doesn't actually move anywhere.

The GUI is sparse, and I like that. Just two check boxes. You can't even minimize it or hide it, and I think that's great: this way you can't forget it on, and then wonder why your mouse is randomly jiggling while you're working. Very nice!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Subscribe To Guide 29

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Join On Social Networks
  • Subscribe to RSS feed
  • Become Fan On FB
  • Follow Updates on Twitter
  • Be A Friend on Digg
  • Follow On SU

Become A Fan

Tags